Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yesterday Snow Disaster

I trust that you all made it safely off the mountain last night: I confess that duty alone made me hold the class against better judgement. If it is any consolation, I was trapped here until after seven-thirty and when I got to the bottom of Gaglardi by the Big Bend I, quite literally, could have got out of my car, put on my CCM Tacks & around skated with ease. A bus smashed in the middle of the hill, jack-knifed into a truck, & about a hundred cars simply abandoned. A compleat disaster.

2 comments:

Heather Salmon said...

I spent about two hours standing in the snow trying to catch a ride and then another two sitting in the women's centre drinking tea and watching my shoes and socks dry on the heater. Woke up the next day sicker than hell. . . but I certainly don't blame you. *manic smile*

Dr. Stephen Ogden said...

Always be nice to students with wet socks & manic smiles ...